Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
If you’re tired of the same ole scrambled eggs and toast in the morning, this 21 Day Fix French Toast recipe is for you. Topped with fresh berries and raw honey, it’s simply a tasty treat for your face. Our kids love using cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes in the bread for theirs, too. We’ve had many plates of dinosaur French toast here over the years. 🙂
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 egg
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk
- Cinnamon to personal taste (I use two shakes -- a very technical measurement)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Splash of pure vanilla extract
- For topping: 1 c fresh berries
- Optional topping: pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Whisk egg, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla together in a shallow dish.
- Slice bread into sticks and place them as a single layer in the egg mixture.
- While the bread is soaking up the egg and cinnamon goodness, spray a small frying pan with coconut oil and preheat over medium heat.
- Flip the bread sticks in the egg mixture to coat the other side. Allow enough soaking time for the bread to absorb nearly all of the mixture.
- Carefully place the bread sticks in a single layer in the hot pan. Do not overcrowd the pan or your sticks will weld back together. And you'll be sad.
- Cook until golden brown on one side then flip. Continue flipping and cooking until all of your edges are golden, crispy deliciousness.
- Serve piping hot with fresh berries!
- 1/2 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple
- Top with raw honey or pure maple syrup!