Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
These healthy cherry turnovers make a wonderful breakfast or afternoon snack. Pair with a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Write a review
- 1 Flatout
- 1 purple container of fresh or thawed cherries
- Honey or desired sweetener
- 1 egg white
- Lemon zest, unsweetened coconut, honey, raw sugar, maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If desired, add a bit of honey to cherries/fruit filling.
- Cut Flatout in half crosswise to create shells for two turnovers.
- Gently whisk egg white with fork.
- Working with one turnover shell, apply egg white around entire edge (approximately 1/2").
- Spoon half of the cherries into half of the turnover shell. Be sure to only add it to one side of the shell since you'll be folding it in half in the next step. 🙂
- Fold the shell in half and crimp the edge with a fork by pressing down gently all around the perimeter.
- Brush top of turnover lightly with egg white. Repeat all steps for second turnover.
- Place two turnovers on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with desired toppings. My favorite is honey and lemon zest!
21 Day Fix (for 2 full turnovers!)
- 1 yellow
- 1 purple
- I don't tally the egg white as it's very minimal
- Free lemon zest
- 1 - 2 teaspoons for honey (page 15)
- Orange for unsweetened coconut
From Forks to Fitness https://www.fromforkstofitness.com/