Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
Welcome to the “21 Days of Recipes“! I’ll be sharing a 21 Day Fix-friendly recipe each day for 21 consecutive days. Enjoy!
Need a sweet and salty CRUNCHY snack? These roasted honey and cinnamon chickpeas are your new best friend.
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 t extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 t raw honey
- 3 t raw sugar
- Cinnamon to taste (a generous shake all over in my case!)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 and line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain, rinse and throughly dry chickpeas between two sheets of paper towel or fiber dishtowel. Just roll them around until they are dry. They must be totally dry or they won't bake to a crunchy texture.
- Bake 20 minutes on prepared baking sheet on middle oven rack.
- Add all seasonings and gently stir with spatula until fully coated.
- Bake another 20 mins.
- 1 yellow
- 1 teaspoon
- Want them SUPER crunchy? At end of bake time, turn off oven and crack the door. Allow chickpeas to cool in oven. Mix and match flavor combinations. Love spicy? Try tossing them with Cholula instead of this sweet concoction. Store leftovers in airtight container. They will remain super crunchy for one day. After one day, they will lose some of the crunchy kick, but they'll retain that fabulous flavor.