Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
Welcome to the “21 Days of Recipes“! I’ll be sharing a 21 Day Fix-friendly recipe each day for 21 consecutive days. Enjoy!
This creamy, cheesy macaroni will please even the pickiest of eaters. Get creative and add crumbled turkey bacon, wilted spinach, mushrooms and more. Mix and match cheeses to your palate. Goat cheese has a beautiful, robust flavor.
- 3/4 c cheddar cheese, shredded (or any cheese of your liking)
- 1 1/2 c whole grain penne, cooked (before draining, reserve a mug of the cooking water)
- 3/4 c plain Greek yogurt (I highly recommend Fage brand -- tried and true!)
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/8 t garlic powder (I bump it up to 1/4 t because I LOVE garlic!)
- 1/4 t pink Himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste
- Return cooked pasta to pot on stove. Add a splash of the reserved cooking water.
- Add cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Add Greek yogurt and all spices.
- Stir until fully incorporated, adding cooking water to thin as necessary. Cheddar is naturally stringy when melting, so just add a splash of the water and it will turn into creamy goodness.
- Taste! Add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve and put in your belly.
- 1 blue
- 1 yellow
- 1/3 red
- Need more protein? Top with grilled chicken, crumbled bacon or ground beef.