Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that won’t break the bank (or your leggings), here’s your new best friend. This cherry almond frozen yogurt is tangy and oh-so-satisfying.
- 3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 c frozen dark cherries, pitted (reserve 3 or 4 berries)
- Sprinkle of almonds (mine are blanched slivers)
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 2 t honey
- In blender, combine yogurt, cherries, almond extract and honey until smooth. Don't forget to reserve a few berries.
- Pour into a small container to freeze.
- After 30 minutes, when it's starting to thicken and set, chop remaining berries.
- Gently fold berries and almonds into mixture.
- Freeze until set to desired consistency. Mine was frozen for one hour, in total, for the consistency in the photo (just beyond soft serve).
- 1 purple, 1 red, sprinkle of blue
- I don't like my frozen yogurt super sweet, so taste it before you freeze it. If you find it too bitter, just add more honey or even stevia. You could also sprinkle it with raw sugar before serving, if you're a fan of sprinkles. 😉