Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
Creamy and tangy, Alfredo sauce is just comfort food for your soul. Now your soul AND your heart can enjoy it with this healthy version!
- 1 1/2 c 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 c Parmesan, shredded
- 1 t garlic powder (If you aren't a garlic lover, start with LESS. You can always add more.)
- 1/4 t loosely packed lemon zest (Optional, but just do it. Seriously.)
- 4 T lowfat milk
- sea or Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- fresh black pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Add all ingredients, except parsley, to a small saucepan over super low heat. Heat, stirring constantly, until warmed through and cheese has melted. You're not trying to melt the cottage cheese; just the Parm.
- Carefully transfer to blender.
- Blend smooth.
- Pour over your favorite pasta. Garnish with parsley, black pepper and sea salt, if desired.
- Put in your belly.
- *** Edit: I've gotten feedback from some readers that their sauce is separating. This occurs when high heat is applied to dairy. Please be sure to use low heat! 🙂 Alternatively, you can use a double boiler to heat your sauce, OR you can blend the ingredients first and just heat momentarily after it's fully-blended. Repeat after me: "low heat low heat low heat" ***
- 1 red
- 1 blue
- Need more protein? Add chicken or shrimp to your dish!